Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things (1997)
The God of Small Things is the first and so far the only novel written by Indian author Arundhati Roy and was first published by Random House in 1997. It tells the story of the twins Rahel and Esta, their childhood tragedy and far-reaching consequences.
- 1997-Booker Prize for Fiction
- Tickell, Alex. Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things. London: Routledge, 2007.
- Eshelman, Raoul. "After Postmodernism: Performatism in Literature." Anthropoetics 11, no. 2 (Fall 2005 / Winter 2006).
- Tickell, Alex. "The God of Small Things: Arundhati Roy's Postcolonial Cosmopolitanism." Journal of Commonwealth Literature, 38:1 (2003 Mar), pp. 73-89.
- Durix, Carole and Jean-Pierre Durix. Reading Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things. Dijon: Editions Universitaires de Dijon, 2002.